- Health Insurance and Billing
- Health Care Reform
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
- Parent Information
- In-network Insurance Carriers
- Beginning fall 2013, the waiver requirements will change. Please make note prior to filing a health insurance waiver application. [ More details ]
- Health Insurance and Billing has moved! The offices are now in Room 111.
- As of August 13, 2012, in an effort to better serve our clients/patients, we are prepared to bill Counseling Services' visits to insurance companies. Please check with your insurance carrier to verify benefit coverage and copays. If you have questions, visit Room 111 desk or contact us at (208) 426-2158 or email@example.com.
The Health Insurance and Billing Office provides insurance and billing support for Health Services. This support includes educating our patients and the campus community about health insurance options, assisting with billing questions, understanding billing language and terminology, providing guidance on how to be savvy consumers of health insurance and health care, and assisting with the management of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). In addition, we assist students with the waiver process and education about how to utilize all other insurance plans at Boise State University Health Services.
Primary services provided are:
- courtesy claims submission for services rendered at the Health Center
- assist with claims dispute, advocacy, and resolution
- guidance on alternative coverage options for part-time and full-time students
- SHIP waiver processing assistance
- general explanation of the SHIP benefit package
- education outreach programs for individuals and groups
- new student and parent orientation programs
- self-pay payment plans and discounted options for non-insured