Employee Wellness Program
Classes, Events and Workshops - Weight management, stress management, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle options available.
Health and Wellness Release Time (formerly known as Exercise Release Time) - By continuing to support the university's commitment to the health of its employees, updates have been made to the previous Exercise Release Time program. As of January 3, 2012, Exercise Release Time is now known as Health and Wellness Release Time. This change will allow for a more comprehensive list of activities and programs from which employees can select in order to improve their overall health and well being.
The Health and Wellness Release Time is increased from 45 minutes to 60 minutes. Supervisory approval is still necessary to determine if and when this release time can be utilized during the work week, and activities will include those held on campus with documentation required for any off-campus programs. [Download the Release Time Request (PDF)]
Health and wellness activities include programs, classes, activities and/or events that serve to promote and/or improve health status. Please contact Wellness Services to learn more about opportunities available on campus, (208) 426-5686, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Freedom From Smoking Class Work Release Time (pdf) - On-campus tobacco cessation classes and release time to attend during the work day available, with supervisor’s approval.
Employee Wellness Screenings - Health Services is offering Cardiac Risk Panel testing for Boise State employees. Cardiac Risk Panel testing can help identify risk factors for heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases, and includes a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel and Lipid Panel. Patients can walk in to get their blood drawn for this test during normal business hours at the Health Center. Please note that this test requires a 12-hour fast prior to testing.
Additional tests are available with a written order from a primary care physician. Results and appropriate follow up will be delivered to patients by mail. Health Services will bill insurance for services provided. Employees are eligible to receive primary care services at the Health Center and can make an appointment if they would like to discuss results of the Cardiac Risk Panel with a health care provider. To meet our providers, please visit: healthservices.boisestate.edu/staff.
Please call (208) 426-1459 to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions about the Cardiac Risk Panel.
- Recreation Services - Employee memberships available.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental health support for employees.
- Campus Environmental Health and Safety - Provide ergonomic evaluations.
- Employee Learning and Development – Offers a variety of workshops and trainings on job and health related topics.
Flu shot clinics offered to employees and students. Visit the Health Fair, coordinated by Health Promotions class students, offered to employees and students each November. Visit the Health Services Calendar for more information.
Health bulletin boards located in the Norco Building – Health Services and Nursing, Human Resource Services, and Recreation Center. Information rotated monthly by Saint Alphonsus Medical Center.
Policy and Environmental Strategies
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Implemented and maintain Step it Up, Take the Stairs green signs placed near elevator call buttons are designed to promote the use of stairs within campus buildings. The purpose of this project is to increase physical activity among employees and students. [ View press release ]
- Assist Food Services with healthy recipes
- Assist Food Services with improving offerings for international students and patrons with food allergies
- Continue to improve healthy campus vending machine options (currently 15% Balanced Choices offered)
- Continue efforts to create a point of decision program with Food Services to educate and help patrons select health food choices while dining on campus
Employee Health Data
Health Services has partnered with Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center to assess the health of Boise State University employees. The Employee Health Risk Assessment is sent to all employees at Boise State. Assessment results are used to help identify and prioritize wellness programming for Boise State employees and provide an opportunity for employees to explore their own health. [ View results ]