“The Burning Question: What will YOU do to prevent skin cancer?”
Boise State University is proud to participate in a Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection & Prevention campaign for the month of March. March is a good time to think about your skin’s health—especially if you are heading to sunny climates on spring break.
Try these simple steps to protect your skin:
- Minimize sun exposure between 10 am and 4 pm
- Apply SPF 30 or higher sunscreen every 2 hours whether you go in the water or not
- Cover up with long sleeves and a hat
- Avoid tanning beds and “sun” lamps
- Check your skin once a month for changes
Boise State University Health Services is your on-campus resource for comprehensive skin care. Students, faculty, staff and dependents can all access all types of medical care at the Health Center. Call (208) 426-1459 for an appointment or for more information. Urgent Care is also available and all patient parking is FREE.