Health Services is now offering a comprehensive travel health resource for all Boise State students, faculty and staff, and all dependents: The Traveler’s Health Assessment.
Staying healthy while traveling is important; an injury or illness can quickly ruin a trip, be life threatening, or cause life-long disability.
Our Traveler’s Health Assessment includes:
- A review of your personal medical history and advice about how to manage physical or mental health issues in a foreign country.
- A review and update of routine vaccinations that are recommended for safe travel anywhere.
- Administration of recommended special vaccines for certain countries where unusual diseases can occur. (Examples include yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, and typhoid vaccines).
- Prescriptions for anti-malarial medications, if needed.
- Carry-along prescriptions for treating traveler’s diarrhea.
- Assistance with obtaining extended quantities of personal medications.
- Completion of any required paperwork related to the trip (For example: physical exam forms from an overseas university, medical clearance to travel or participate in international programs, etc.).
For more information visit our Traveler’s Health Assessment page!