What insurance is accepted at Health Services?
• Health Services will bill most insurance carriers (excluding Medicaid and Medicare).
• We are in-network with several local and regional insurance plans and networks.
• Please be aware many out of state insurance companies have geographic exclusions, which limit coverage for care performed out of state.
• We strongly encourage you to check with your insurance carrier prior to your appointment to make sure Health Services is in-network with your plan.
How to find out if Health Services is in-network?
1. Contact your insurance: The customer service number is located on the back of your card.
2. Ask if the provider you are scheduled to see is in your network.
3. Reference Boise State tax ID 820290701.
4. 4. Ask how your plan will pay for services rendered at Boise State University Health Services and what your member responsibility may be
We strive to assist patients with navigating through insurance questions and concerns, but it is the patient’s responsibility to make sure the provider they are scheduled to see is
in-network with their respective plans. Health Services is not responsible for your insurance processing charges out of network.
Voluntary SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan)
To help ensure students have access to health insurance that can adequately meet their needs, the University is sponsoring a voluntary Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). While students will not be required to provide proof of insurance for registration, the University continues to strongly urge students to maintain adequate health insurance. Learn about the benefits and enrollment dates.
If you are an international student, contact International Student Services for information on insurance requirements or visit 4studenthealth.com/boisestate-intl